This mutator modifies the sniper rifle to act as a UT-style instagib rifle. However, take care as a direct hit does not always mean a frag. The rifle draws off your energy reserves - any charge below 90% does not guarantee a 1-hit kill. To additionally balance the game, your jetpack energy will recharge much faster meaning you can fire more often. Firing whilst in the air must be executed carefully as it will instantly drain your jetpack energy - you must touch the ground again before it will recharge. The rifle's bullet physics have also been completely removed so that it acts as a proper instant-hit weapon. Enjoy!
- Extract to your Tribes: Vengeance folder with path names and all files will go in the correct place.
- To run the mutator, start a server by making a shortcut to your T:V main exe:
- Make a new text document or shortcut in your TribesVengeance/Program/Bin directory.
- Either rename the text document to a .BAT file and edit it or open the properties of the shortcut.
- Use 'TV_CD_DVD.exe Server' followed by the name of the map you wish to play. Then add the string '?mutator=Instagib.mutInstagib'. Save and run to start your server.
eg: TV_CD_DVD.exe Server MP-Fort?mutator=Instagib.mutInstagib
- Note that it is usually a good idea for other players to have the mutator installed before they join.